CoolAJ86

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Google is our friend.

Take a look here:

Notice that Word is at the bottom of the list.

It could have been 'DOC', 'DOCX', 'Microsoft Word', or anything other than 'XPS' and it would have landed closer to the top.

I am disappointed that they refer to OpenDocument as OpenOffice though.
I'm a fan of OpenDocument, but I'm not a particular fan of OpenOffice.
It's slow and ugly.

Back in the days of MS Office 2000 I was a fan of OpenOffice because the menu system - and most especially the help system - I found to be much more intuitive. I still think that their help system is wonderfully easy to use (most of the time), but in light of the ribbon interface of MSO 2007, OOo just doesn't measure up.

I primarily use google docs, however, so I don't bother with either.

In the case that I want to make a flier or handout, or anything with graphics, I always use OpenOffice Draw. Both Writer and Word give me far to much trouble when I insert pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home